Armed Forces Covenant
MERTS is a proud and active supporter of the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise and value the contribution that service personnel give to our country and we are proud to say that many of or medics are either ex or serving military personnel. As such,
"...military ethos, standards and efficiencies are reflected in the way MERTS operates."
In support of the Armed Forces Covenant, MERTS has signed the following:
Section 1: Principles of The Armed Forces Covenant
1.1 We, MERTS Ltd will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
● no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
● in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Section 2: Demonstrating our Commitment
2.1 We recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business and to our country. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
● Promoting the Armed Forces: promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public.
● Veterans: supporting the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process; working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to support the employment of Service leavers;
● Service Spouses & Partners: supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners; partnering with the Forces Families Jobs Forum; and providing flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
● Reserves: supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional paid/unpaid leave for annual Reserve Forces training; supporting any mobilisations and deployment; actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists;
● Cadet Organisations: supporting our employees who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations, granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations; supporting local military cadet units; recognising the benefits of employing cadets/ex-cadets within the workforce.
● National Events: supporting Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities;
● Armed Forces Charities: supporting Armed Forces charities with fundraising and supporting staff who volunteer to assist;
● Commercial Support: offering a significant and genuine discount to individual members of the Armed Forces community - advertised through the Defence Discount Services (DDS) app; In addition, MERTS would like to directly offer RFCA Wales units in South Wales significant and genuine discounts for group bookings of FIRST AID TRAINING and also EVENT MEDICAL SERVICES.
2.2 We will publicise these commitments through our literature and/or on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.